Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dead Space 3 users voice commands

Granted the only system that can do this is Kinect. EA added this functionality into Mass Effect 3. I will admit that it sounded cool at first, but after doing a whole mission with it, I found myself turning it off and going back to using the controller. It felt unnatural doing it through shouting (calling squadmates, changing weapons and moving around into cover). Plus I felt like a fool shouting out commands, to the point where my  wife was saying, "Who are you yelling at??" I feel that by adding this in is a gimmick that is not needed and will probably hurt the experience of an action based game instead of improving it. But hey, developers have to utilize Kinect in the best way that they can.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/13/dead-space-3-scares-up-kinect-voice-commands-on-xbox-360/

No comments:

Post a Comment